Latest news
Thumbnail
Afghanistan

Illegal Armed Men’s Attack Kills 10 In Takhar

Takhar governor’s spokesman Sunatullah Temor says three people were killed and 11 others wounded in the incident. 

At least 10 people were killed and 20 others were wounded after a number of gunmen loyal to a local commander attacked worshipers at a madrassa, religious school, in Takhar province in the country’s northeast, sources said on Friday. 

Those inside the madrassa had just completed the Friday prayers when they came under the attack. 

The incident took place in Chah Aab district in the north of the province. 

The gunmen carried heavy and light weapons, eyewitnesses told TOLOnews. 

A member of Takhar Provincial Council said on condition of anonymity that at least 29 people were killed in the incident.

However, Takhar governor’s spokesman Sunatullah Temor said three people were killed and 11 others were wounded in the gunfire.

Bashir Qanet, a local commander in Takhar, has rejected any involvement in the attack.

The district has recently faced brawls between two local commanders. 

The residents of the district last month took to social media and reported about civilian killings and insecurity in Chah Aab. 

The residents claimed that the situation will worsen in Chah Aab if government turned a blind eye to the district.

Afghanistan

Illegal Armed Men’s Attack Kills 10 In Takhar

Takhar governor’s spokesman Sunatullah Temor says three people were killed and 11 others wounded in the incident. 

Thumbnail

At least 10 people were killed and 20 others were wounded after a number of gunmen loyal to a local commander attacked worshipers at a madrassa, religious school, in Takhar province in the country’s northeast, sources said on Friday. 

Those inside the madrassa had just completed the Friday prayers when they came under the attack. 

The incident took place in Chah Aab district in the north of the province. 

The gunmen carried heavy and light weapons, eyewitnesses told TOLOnews. 

A member of Takhar Provincial Council said on condition of anonymity that at least 29 people were killed in the incident.

However, Takhar governor’s spokesman Sunatullah Temor said three people were killed and 11 others were wounded in the gunfire.

Bashir Qanet, a local commander in Takhar, has rejected any involvement in the attack.

The district has recently faced brawls between two local commanders. 

The residents of the district last month took to social media and reported about civilian killings and insecurity in Chah Aab. 

The residents claimed that the situation will worsen in Chah Aab if government turned a blind eye to the district.

Share this post

Comment this post