MPs are expected to hold a vote of confidence session within the next few weeks, before they break for their annual winter recess.
NUG Introduces 12 Cabinet Nominees For Vote of Confidence
Afghan National Unity Government (NUG) finally on Saturday introduced 12 candidate cabinet ministers to the Wolesi Jirga (Lower House of Representatives) for a vote of confidence.
President Ashraf Ghani's Second Vice President Sarwar Danish introduced the nominees.
This comes amid an ongoing outcry over the issue as at least half of the ministries are being run by acting ministers.
MPs are now expected to conduct a vote of confidence before breaking for their winter recess.
The ministers introduced to the parliament are as follow:
1. Tariq Shah Bahrami for Defense Minister
2. Wais Barmak for Interior Minister
3. Mohammad Shafiq Gul Agha Sherzai for Border and Tribal Affairs Minister
4. Yama Yari for Public Works Minister
5. Mustafa Mastoor Economy Minister
6. Najibullah Khwaja Omari for Higher Education Minister
7. Nargis Nehan for Mines and Petroleum Minister
8. Faizullah Zaki for Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled Minister
9. Shahzad Gul Aryoubi for Communications and IT Minister
10. Mohammad Hameed Tahmasi for Transport Minister
11. Naseer Ahmad Durrani for Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock Minister
12. Mujib-ur-Rahman Karimi for Rural Rehabilitation and Development Minister
This also comes after President Ashraf Ghani reportedly fired acting education minister Asadullah Hanif Balkhi on Tuesday.
In November last year, MPs dismissed seven ministers from their positions for failing to spend their development budgets, a move which added to the ongoing problems of President Ashraf Ghani and CEO Abdullah Abdullah who had for months reportedly bickered over filling of cabinet posts.