The Afghan government calls for the immediate cessation of the artillery fire from Pakistan against Afghan villages, a statement by Afghan Foreign Ministry says.
In a statement released on Friday, the Afghan Ministry of Foreign Affairs has expressed concern about Pakistan's artillery fire against Afghan villages in Kunar and Nangahar provinces.
"The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan expresses its serious concern about the continuing Pakistani artillery shelling of Afghan villages in Kunar and Nangarhar provinces. The attacks have continued despite Afghanistan's clear message, expressed last week through the Pakistani Ambassador, Mohammad Sadiq, to stop the shelling of Afghan villages," the statement said.
More than ten Pakistani artillery shells landed in Sarkano district of Kunar province and Goshta district of Nangahar province last night, causing the death of four children in Sarkano, added the statement.
In the statement, the Afghan government has called for the immediate cessation of the artillery fire against Afghan villages.
"The continuation of such incidents could adversely affect the spirit of improving trust and cooperation between the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and the Islamic Republic of Pakistan," the statement said.
It comes as Afghan Defence Ministry earlier said it was ready to retaliate against Pakistan's missile attacks in the best possible way.
At a press conference on Wednesday Defence Ministry Spokesman Gen. Zaher Azimi said around 150 missiles fired from Pakistan had landed in different regions in eastern Kunar province in the past week.
Gen. Azimi said the Pakistani missile attacks were not justifiable.
He said Afghan Defence Ministry was waiting for a decision from politicians and the House of Representatives.
"The National Army is prepared to retaliate with a suitable response if we are permitted by Afghan politicians," Gen. Azimi said. "Not only the National Army, Kunar residents would be able to give an appropriate response to such an act."
"We are making efforts to resolve the issue through diplomatic approaches."
Twenty civilians have lost their lives and some have been wounded in the recent attacks, according to the Defence Ministry.
"I see no reason for such an attack from Pakistan. There hasn't been any attack by our troops. Without any apparent reason, they have started to fire heavy arms and most of those killed in the attacks have been civilians," Gen. Azimi said.
Gen. Azizmi warned that Pakistan keeping up its missile attacks against Afghanistan would deteriorate relations between the two nations.
Pakistan's missile attacked have also been condemned by the Afghan House of Representatives that also criticised Afghan government's silence towards the attacks.