Resolute Support has confirmed there were casualties following the suicide bombing that targeted a foreign troops convoy on Wednesday in Kandahar.
Casualties Reported In Attack On Foreign Troops Convoy
At least one civilian was wounded and seven foreign troops were reportedly killed in a suicide car bombing in Kandahar on Wednesday, a source told TOLOnews.
A suicide bomber targeted a foreign troop’s convoy in Kandahar city, the governor's media office said adding that the troops had been on their way to the airport when the incident happened.
One of the vehicles was damaged in the blast, the governor's media office said.
Local officials confirmed that a civilian was wounded in the attack and that there were casualties among the foreign troops. They did not however disclose details.
But a source said seven foreign troops had been killed.
In the meantime, Resolute Support (RS) confirmed that a NATO convoy was attacked in Kandahar. Casualties were confirmed but they also did not give details.
“We are working to gather additional information as quickly as possible and will release more details as appropriate,” RS said.
However, a source said that “at least seven foreign troops were killed in the attack and a civilian was wounded.”
A TOLOnews reporter who visited the scene of the bombing said that a foreign troop’s vehicle was damaged in the attack and the area was blocked off to traffic. A foreign troops helicopter was also seen in the area.
The attack happened on a highway, close to the airport.
The Taliban has claimed responsibility for the attack.