A large number of victims of Saturday’s deadly ambulance bombing were taken to the Emergency Hospital which quickly filled up resulting in patients having to be treated outside.
Following the attack, which claimed the lives of 95 and wounded over 160, a number of victims were taken to the nearest hospital, Jamhuriat Hosptial, but most of the wounded were transferred to the Emergency Hospital.
Afghan public health ministry meanwhile said a number of wounded are in critical condition.
Dozens of family members of victims gathered outside of the hospital on Saturday afternoon waiting anxiously for news of their loved ones.
Among the people gathered outside the hospital, were many who did not know if their relatives were even alive.
“My brother was wounded in the suicide attack and brought here to the hospital,” Fawad, a resident of Kabul said.
“My son is here. He has been brought here,” the father of a wounded boy said.
Victims’ relatives said mostly civilians had been killed and wounded in this deadly attack.
Public health ministry officials meanwhile said all state hospitals in Kabul have been mobilized to treat the wounded.
“Some injuries were very serious and they are undergoing serious treatment,” Muhibullah Zir, director of forensic medicine of the ministry said.
Wounded people describing the scene said it was a horrific incident.
Women and children are also among those wounded in Saturday’s bombing.