Latest news
Thumbnail
Afghanistan

Clashes Ongoing In Attack On Military Academy in Kabul

At least three attackers have so far been killed, one arrested and another is still fighting with security forces in an ongoing attack on the Marshal Fahim Military University in PD5 In Kabul city, military officials confirmed.

The attack was launched at about 5am in Monday after five insurgents attacked the academy and one is still clashing with security forces, a spokesman for the Ministr of Defence (MoD) Dawlat Waziri said.

“Three of the attackers have been killed by the security forces and another was arrested. The last attacker is still clashing with security forces,” Waziri said, adding that “two security force members were also killed and 10 others were wounded.”

Earlier, a source inside the camp said explosions and gunfire could be heard coming from the direction of the entrance.

TOLOnews journalist Gulabuddin Ghubar reports from the area that security forces have blocked off all roads in the area.

Military ambulances have also seen in the area.

Last year in on 21st October 2017 fifteen cadets were killed when the bus they were traveling in was targeted in a suicide bombing.

No group including the Taliban has claimed responsibility for the attack yet.

Afghanistan

Clashes Ongoing In Attack On Military Academy in Kabul

Explosions and gunfire ongoing in what appears to be yet another attack in Kabul city. 

Thumbnail

At least three attackers have so far been killed, one arrested and another is still fighting with security forces in an ongoing attack on the Marshal Fahim Military University in PD5 In Kabul city, military officials confirmed.

The attack was launched at about 5am in Monday after five insurgents attacked the academy and one is still clashing with security forces, a spokesman for the Ministr of Defence (MoD) Dawlat Waziri said.

“Three of the attackers have been killed by the security forces and another was arrested. The last attacker is still clashing with security forces,” Waziri said, adding that “two security force members were also killed and 10 others were wounded.”

Earlier, a source inside the camp said explosions and gunfire could be heard coming from the direction of the entrance.

TOLOnews journalist Gulabuddin Ghubar reports from the area that security forces have blocked off all roads in the area.

Military ambulances have also seen in the area.

Last year in on 21st October 2017 fifteen cadets were killed when the bus they were traveling in was targeted in a suicide bombing.

No group including the Taliban has claimed responsibility for the attack yet.

Share this post