The Ministry of Interior (MoI) on Wednesday said they have received the Attorney General’s letter regarding the arrest of First Vice President Abdul Rashid Dostum’s guards and police are ready to cooperate with the AGO in this respect.
The Interior Ministry’s spokesman Sediq Sediqqi said they will implement the order based on the law.
“We have received the letter from the Attorney General’s Office and we will cooperate with the AGO according to the law. We will present the figures to the AGO whose names have been mentioned in the letter,” he said.
Meanwhile, a number of human rights organizations said the guards, whose arrest warrants were issued, had been carrying out orders.
“Human rights organizations will not stay silent. Government should make the issue clear,” said Najibullah Azad, head of Focus.
This comes after Ahmad Eshchi, the former deputy head of the National Islamic Movement of Afghanistan, on Tuesday welcomed the Attorney General’s order for the arrest of nine of Dostum’s guards on charges related to his alleged abduction and sexual assault.
Eshchi accused the first vice president of illegally imprisoning him and ordering his guards to sexually assault him.
The office of the National Islamic Movement of Afghanistan has already rejected the allegations against Dostum.