Latest news
Thumbnail
Afghanistan

Police Spot Kidnappers While Patrolling Mussahi District

Local police told TOLOnews they spotted the suspicious vehicle in an open field and went to investigate but that the kidnappers fled the scene.

Police told TOLOnews it appears four kidnappers were involved in Thursday’s killing of three foreign nationals who were abducted in Kabul and then taken to the remote district of Mussahi in Kabul Province.

TOLOnews journalist Samim Faramarz visited the scene with police and said the bodies of the victims, one Indian, one Macedonian and one Malaysian, had been found in a Toyota Corolla sedan at about 10.30am.

Police said all three victims appeared to have been shot in the head.

According to them, police patrolling the area spotted the vehicle at about 10.30am and went to investigate. The kidnappers were still at the scene but immediately fled the area when they saw the police approaching.

Police said a second car was parked close by and the suspects sped off in the direction of Kabul.

Mussahi is about half an hour’s drive from Kabul city and is a remote and mountainous area.

According to a police source, the three men had been on their way to work in the Pul-e-Charkhi area in PD9 in Kabul city early Thursday morning when they were kidnapped.

The driver of their vehicle, which is owned by the company the victims worked for, is currently being held by the National Directorate of Security (NDS) for questioning.

No details on where he was found have been released.

While TOLOnews’ journalist was at the scene, police were removing the bodies from the vehicle and arranging for them to be repatriated to Kabul.

Police sources said they believe the victims were killed in the car, in the area, by the kidnappers.

According to reports the Malaysian national was 64, the Indian was 39 and the Macedonian was 37.

The men are believed to have been chefs employed by Sodexo in Afghanistan. The company has not yet commented.  

Sodexo is the second largest food services company in the world - with its headquarters in France.

It manages canteens and facilities for offices, the military, schools, hospitals and prisons.

No group has yet claimed responsibility for the incident.

Afghanistan

Police Spot Kidnappers While Patrolling Mussahi District

Local police told TOLOnews they spotted the suspicious vehicle in an open field and went to investigate but that the kidnappers fled the scene.

Thumbnail

Police told TOLOnews it appears four kidnappers were involved in Thursday’s killing of three foreign nationals who were abducted in Kabul and then taken to the remote district of Mussahi in Kabul Province.

TOLOnews journalist Samim Faramarz visited the scene with police and said the bodies of the victims, one Indian, one Macedonian and one Malaysian, had been found in a Toyota Corolla sedan at about 10.30am.

Police said all three victims appeared to have been shot in the head.

According to them, police patrolling the area spotted the vehicle at about 10.30am and went to investigate. The kidnappers were still at the scene but immediately fled the area when they saw the police approaching.

Police said a second car was parked close by and the suspects sped off in the direction of Kabul.

Mussahi is about half an hour’s drive from Kabul city and is a remote and mountainous area.

According to a police source, the three men had been on their way to work in the Pul-e-Charkhi area in PD9 in Kabul city early Thursday morning when they were kidnapped.

The driver of their vehicle, which is owned by the company the victims worked for, is currently being held by the National Directorate of Security (NDS) for questioning.

No details on where he was found have been released.

While TOLOnews’ journalist was at the scene, police were removing the bodies from the vehicle and arranging for them to be repatriated to Kabul.

Police sources said they believe the victims were killed in the car, in the area, by the kidnappers.

According to reports the Malaysian national was 64, the Indian was 39 and the Macedonian was 37.

The men are believed to have been chefs employed by Sodexo in Afghanistan. The company has not yet commented.  

Sodexo is the second largest food services company in the world - with its headquarters in France.

It manages canteens and facilities for offices, the military, schools, hospitals and prisons.

No group has yet claimed responsibility for the incident.

Share this post