GOFTMAN: Afghanistan’s Cinema Situation Discussed
Host Partaw Naderi discusses the following issues with the guests in the studio.
• What is the state of cinema in the country?
• What has the Afghan Film Institution done for the film industry?
• What are Afghanistan’s cinema achievements after the collapse of the Taliban regime?
• Why are movies made for the purpose of participating at festivals?
• Why are people not interested in watching movies at city movie theaters?
• Why can private film makers not establish a good cinema sector?
• Why does the government not pay attention to the cinema industry?
Roya Sadat, film maker
Hamyoun Paeez, actor
Latif Ahmadi, film maker
Ibrahim Arifi Kaihan, chairman of the Afghan Film Directorate