Officials say the explosion was a suicide bombing and not an accidental detonation as initially thought.
Death Toll Rises To 25 In Nangarhar Suicide Bombing
An explosion rocked a gathering of Afghan security forces, civilians and Taliban on Saturday at about 5:30pm, killing at least 25 people, local officials confirmed.
Nangarhar spokesman Attaullah Khogyani said the explosion happened in Rodat district at an Eid gathering between Taliban and Afghan security forces who were celebrating the ceasefire.
According to Khogyani, 25 people were killed and a 54 others were wounded including Taliban, security forces and civilians.
He confirmed that it had been a suicide bombing and not an accidental explosion as earlier reported.
The explosion happened during the Eid ceasefire between Taliban and the Afghan government.
Afghan government has said it will continue operations against other insurgent groups, including Daesh, and only Taliban are part of the ceasefire.
Daesh militants are active in parts of Nangarhar province.
Daesh claimed responsibility for the suicide attack.