BLACK AND WHITE: Govt’s Electoral Reform Policy Discussed
Bringing about reforms in Afghanistan’s election system was one of the key promises of the National Unity Government (NUG) under president Ashraf Ghani and CEO Abdullah Abdullah.
It is said that elections have major implications on boosting democracy in Afghanistan but in this episode of Black and White, host Sami Mahdi looks at how the country’s electoral bodies will be able to organize the poll.
He also tackles the issue of what election management bodies are doing to get the elections off the ground and what are the demands of political parties and institutions in terms of ensuring fair elections.
With him in the studio is:
• Omar Daudzai, former minister of interior
• Rahmatullah Nabil, member of Mehwar-e-Mardom Afghanistan party
• Fazel Ahmad Manavi, former chairman of Independent Election Commission (IEC)
• Aziz Aryayee, head of the Independent Electoral Complaints Commission
• Waseema Badghisi, acting chairperson of IEC