Latest news
Thumbnail
Afghanistan

28 Killed, Over 60 Wounded In Kabul Twin Blasts

The attack, which appeared coordinated, took place at around 4pm on Tuesday as a convoy of parliament staff was leaving the offices in Darulaman Road in PD6.

The ministry of interior revised the casualty toll late Tuesday night after the deadly twin-bombings in Kabul earlier in the day and said 28 people had been killed and over 60 wounded.

In an official statement issued by the ministry, they said 24 civilians, including four women, had been killed and at least 60 civilians were wounded.

In addition, four policemen were killed and four more were wounded. 

Earlier reports from hospital officials said over 100 people had been killed and wounded. They said 30 people had been killed and 78 wounded. 

The attack, which appeared coordinated, took place at around 4pm on Tuesday as a convoy of parliament staff was leaving the offices in Darulaman Road in PD6.

According to reports a suicide bomber blew himself up first at the entrance to parliament’s offices and then a suicide car bomber detonated his explosives. 

Police immediately cordoned off the area and two hours after the attack ambulances could still be heard transporting the wounded to various hospitals in the city. 

Among the victims was the head of the NDS zone in the PD7 who was reportedly killed while a female MP from Herat was among the wounded. 

No further details were released on the identities of the victims. 

The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack soon after the incident. 

The MoI said in their statement than an investigation has been launched into the attack and details will be shared with the public as soon as possible. 

“The interior ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan strongly condemns the barbaric attack by the Taliban terrorists and prays for that those killed in the attack (that they) rest in peace and for the recovery of those wounded.” 

Afghanistan

28 Killed, Over 60 Wounded In Kabul Twin Blasts

The attack, which appeared coordinated, took place at around 4pm on Tuesday as a convoy of parliament staff was leaving the offices in Darulaman Road in PD6.

Thumbnail

The ministry of interior revised the casualty toll late Tuesday night after the deadly twin-bombings in Kabul earlier in the day and said 28 people had been killed and over 60 wounded.

In an official statement issued by the ministry, they said 24 civilians, including four women, had been killed and at least 60 civilians were wounded.

In addition, four policemen were killed and four more were wounded. 

Earlier reports from hospital officials said over 100 people had been killed and wounded. They said 30 people had been killed and 78 wounded. 

The attack, which appeared coordinated, took place at around 4pm on Tuesday as a convoy of parliament staff was leaving the offices in Darulaman Road in PD6.

According to reports a suicide bomber blew himself up first at the entrance to parliament’s offices and then a suicide car bomber detonated his explosives. 

Police immediately cordoned off the area and two hours after the attack ambulances could still be heard transporting the wounded to various hospitals in the city. 

Among the victims was the head of the NDS zone in the PD7 who was reportedly killed while a female MP from Herat was among the wounded. 

No further details were released on the identities of the victims. 

The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack soon after the incident. 

The MoI said in their statement than an investigation has been launched into the attack and details will be shared with the public as soon as possible. 

“The interior ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan strongly condemns the barbaric attack by the Taliban terrorists and prays for that those killed in the attack (that they) rest in peace and for the recovery of those wounded.” 

Share this post